Saturday, June 7, 2008

A childs mindset

Also at the MFA while in the impressionist room there were tons of kids sitting and sketching their views of the paintings. I walked around and looked at the paintings and then looked at the interpretation that the kids had drawn, and I couldnt help but to wish I were a kid again. I loved the way the kids didnt think to hard about what they were drawing they just did it, the scale didnt have to make sense and the forms were more expressionistic then representational. I often wish that I to could just get into the mindset of a kid.

I once heard a story of a lady sitting on a bench with her dog lying on the ground infront of her. A kid walked by, stopped and asked her if it was dead.

Kids don’t have anything in their brains that stop them from saying or doing anything that want. 

1 comment:

KaidaFire said...

you can be a kid again.. it's so easy. it's as easy as allowing yourself to think and act as freely in an independently as you choose.