Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Char Davies a visionary ahead of her time

After seeing the presentation today about Char Davies i feel that she is a visionary ahead of her time. In the middle 90s she was creating 3D worlds that would become common place in 10-15 years and beyond. The ways in which she was thinking of the compilations and space and the movement through leads me to think of my architectural training. This is the here and now and this is the technology that we are employing. Almost all studio projects and ever increasingly in the office setting, things are being conceptualized and drafted in 3-dimensions using similar technology employed by Char. 
By me saying shes a visionary i ment that in the middle 90's she had this software that very few architectural and engineering firms possessed. Thus she created something and watched the curve slowly catch up, and eventually pass her. Which had me thinking what does the future hold in store. 
Im sure within the next decade games will be played with this technology, but im wondering when rooms and worlds are created to house these games. When are moving floors and infinite rooms going to pop up on the gaming grid. Makes me wonder. 

1 comment:

Suraj said...

Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at  Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Mr, Benjamin Email: 247officedept@gmail.com  He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.